Aston Area Guide
Aston is a ward of Central Birmingham, located immediately to the north-east of Central Birmingham. Aston constitutes a ward within the metropolitan authority.
There are three secondary schools in Aston: Broadway School, King Edward VI Aston and Aston Manor School; seven primary schools: Aston Tower Community Primary School, Birchfield Community School, Lozells Junior & Infant & Nursery School, Manor Park Primary School, Mansfield Green Community School, Sacred Heart Cathlolic Primary School, Prince Albert Junior and Infant School and Yew Tree Community School.
Places of interest
- Aston Expressway – Constructed in 1972, the Expressway became renowned for its seven lanes and tidal flow system which combine to create a super-fast route into Birmingham city centre with minimal congestion;
- Aston Hall – This Grade I listed Jacobean Hall is a must-visit attraction if you’re in Aston;
- Aston University – Aston’s TEF Gold Rating indicates the quality of tuition its students receive. Since 1895, Aston University has given talented students the skills and knowledge they need to make lasting impacts on society;
- Aston Villa Football Club and Villa Park – One of the few English teams to win the European Cup, Aston Villa F.C. is one of the oldest and most decorated teams in English Football History;
- Aston Reservoir – This reservoir has supplied fresh drinking water to the community since the 1800s;
- Spaghetti Junction – Opened in May 1972 and named ‘Spaghetti Junction’ in a Birmingham Mail headline in 1965 (when plans to build it were first published), this interchange serves 18 routes;
- King Edward VI Aston – One of the top schools in the country, King Edward VI Aston is a selective school for boys, that has been training students to become leaders in society since 1883;
- Former Norton motorcycle factory – Norton, a manufacturer of exceptional British motorcycles formerly manufactured their bikes in Aston;
- Church of SS Peter & Paul – One of Aston’s finest churches still contains some 14th Century stonework.
If you are interested to know the house prices in this area, read our article: How much does a house cost in Aston?
Local property professionals
We pride ourselves on the range of properties we offer, from houses for sale, warehouse apartments, penthouses and flats for sale to commercial properties.
Our Estate Agents in Aston give your home maximum exposure online & offline, getting it more views from potential applicants, therefore more offers, and ultimately the highest possible finishing value. This means you end up with more money in your pocket and you enjoy a higher quality service. Call us on 0800 862 0870, download our property app or book a free online property valuation today.