Who we are
loveyourpostcode.com® is owned and operated by Love Your Postcode Limited (“Love Your Postcode”, we or us), a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 08185058. Please note that we do not provide, own or lease any property ourselves and we do not act for any other lettings or real estate agency. Our registered office is 86 Birmingham Street, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 4EB United Kingdom. Love Your Postcode Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office; our registration number is ZA081823.
- why we collect, store, share and use personal data (such as information that identifies, relates to or describes you, or which is capable of being associated with you);
- what personal data we collect;
- the choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal data; and
It doesn’t apply however to the practices of companies that Love Your Postcode does not own or control. You will be subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies of those other websites or companies when you are using them.
When we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data when you use this site or our services; specific situations include:
- accessing or browsing our website;
- communicating with us in person or via phone/email;
- completing our online forms; and
- calling us or sending us an enquiry (including via 3rd party property portal websites).
We may also collect your personal data from our business partners who have your consent to pass it on, or when we monitor and record email and telephone communications with you or between you and others who are using our systems or those of our agents acting on our behalf.
Personal data collected
When you visit, register or use the services on our website or via a Love Your Postcode branch, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name, contact details, company name or affiliation, gender, date of birth and information about your property or personal circumstances as a Seller, Purchaser, Landlord, Tenant, Licensee or anyone interested in a property or the products & services offered by us. Specifically, the following personal data may be collected:
|• First Name
|• Middle Name
|• Previous Name
|• Date of Birth
|• Present Address
|• Residential Status
|• Previous Addresses
|• Landlord Details
|• NI Number
|• UK National
|• Doctor Details
|• Number of Dependants
|• Dependants Name
|• Dependants DOB
|• Primary ID
|• Address ID
|• Bank Statements
|• Credit Card Statements
|• Mortgage Statements
|• Proof of Deposit
|• Self Employed Accounts
|• Employers Name
|• Personal/Secure Loan Details
|• Personal Debt Details
|• Personal Expenditure
|• Existing Mortgage Details
|• Existing Insurance Details
|• Email Address
|• Phone Numbers
|• New Property Details
|• Solicitor Details
|• Estate Agent Details
|• New Mortgage Details
|• New Insurance Details
|• Criminal Offences/Convictions
|• IP Address
|• Marital Status
|• Accountant Details
|• Previous Employer Details
|• Employer Address
|• Employers Phone Number
|• Credit Card Details
|• Bank Details
Collectively, we refer to this as “Your Information”. All of the areas on our website where you might enter personal information assume your agreement and consent (or otherwise) to our use of your information. We always use the most recently submitted information or form to reflect your current consent status.
What we do with your information
Why we collect your information
We (and those acting on our behalf) collect, store and process your personal data for the following reasons:
- to make our website available, to customise it, to provide our content and your content tailored to individual requirements; to understand your needs and provide you with improved products and services, newsletters and other communications;
- to make this website’s content available to you when you use third party websites;
- for purposes related to providing our services to you, including the selling, letting & managing of property;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent /franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes;
- to communicate with third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you or on your behalf;
- for our internal record keeping requirements including collection of anonymised details about visitors to our website to compile aggregate statistics or produce internal reports;
- with your agreement, to contact you about our or our business partners’ promotions, products, and services or other information which we think you may find interesting, offers, or for customer satisfaction purposes (including contact by email or SMS);
- for market research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes (including diagnosing technology problems which may be reported to us); and
- for any purposes related to the above or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for abuse, crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
- The following features, by their nature, require and make use of personally identifiable information.
SMS and email messaging from us
Love Your Postcode’s services which include sending SMS and email messages are as follows:
- We send landlords text messages about prospective tenant viewing requests. We on-send the name and phone numbers of people making enquiries about any particular properties to our landlord customers.
- We arrange credit checks on tenants and prospective tenants and their guarantors and prospective guarantors for landlords who require that services. We send email messages to prospective tenants and guarantors of prospective tenants with information about credit checks. Once credit checks are undertaken, we send to landlord customers the results of the credit checks which will include personal data about the prospective tenant and/or guarantor.
- We may use your Information to contact you via email or SMS with marketing that is of legitimate interest to you based on your request for our services; these include but aren’t limited to:
- If you have submitted a request for a property valuation, you may receive marketing regarding valuing, selling or letting said property.
- If you have submitted a request to view of one of our properties, you may be contacted regarding viewing appointments or similar properties that may be of interest.
Cookies and tracking
What are cookies
A cookie is a small data file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive or other mobile or handheld device as you browse this Site or advertisements, videos or other types of Content and which ‘remembers’ that your computer or device accesses this Site. If you accept the cookie, the file is added to your computer’s hard drive or other mobile or handheld device. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you may modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to be notified of cookies being placed.
For full details of which cookies are in operation on this website, please visit our cookies policy page.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure.
What we do to protect your information
The security of your personal information is very important and Love Your Postcode is committed to protecting the information we collect. We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission (unless they are providing services as outlined above) and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in secure facilities with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. We use SSL encryption on our website, from which we transfer certain personal information.
We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
All of the information we collect or record is restricted to our offices. Only employees and Licensee’s who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We will explicitly ask you when we need information to identify you. We may require you to cooperate with our security checks before we disclose information to you.
Keeping your personal data
We retain your personal data, any other information which we have collected and any of your content that you have submitted to the extent required by applicable laws and as we may require for operational and legal purposes.
Information we share
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. By using the our website & services you consent to us providing your information to the third parties licensed by us to provide such services. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc;
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf including: hosting data centres, infrastructure, applications, cloud services;
- Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies; and
- Prospective employers requesting references via your written consent.
On our website, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with Countrywide. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc. are operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information. We will not pass your data to anyone who is not also registered with the Data Protection Act or who is not subject to these or similar provisions in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your information commercially without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law.
Your control over your personal data and access to it
Access and correction
Free of charge, you may have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you;
- request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you; and
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
Your choice to consent
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. You have the choice to restrict our collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- when you are asked by us to accept a cookie or to fill in a form on our website, look for your cookie settings and the area that you can click to indicate your preference as to use of your personal data for marketing or other purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to accept a cookie, then you may change your mind at any time disabling or deleting the cookie or amending your cookie settings; and
- you have the choice as to whether we use your personal data to send you promotional or other information about third parties or us.
If you consent but later change your mind to receiving such communications, you may contact us and we will cease such activity.
Our services are for users age 18 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us.
If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
How to get in touch
Please get in touch with us using one of the following methods:
- Write to us at to Love Your Postcode Limited, 86 Birmingham Street, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 4EB.
- Email us at [email protected], or directly contact our Data Protection Officer David Price at [email protected].
- Call us on 0800 862 0870.
- “Online property portals” refers to property advertising sites in the UK which we use to advertise properties on behalf of vendors & landlords including but not limited to: Zoopla, Rightmove, PrimeLocation, Nethouseprices & AllAgents.
- “Data controller” refers to a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- “Data processor” refers to any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
- “EEA” refers to a group of countries in Europe formed in 1994 that includes all members of the European Union and EFTA. These countries have an agreement allowing the free movement of goods, people, services, and money between them.