Selly Park Area Guide
Selly Park is a suburb of south-west Birmingham, four miles from Birmingham City Centre. Selly Park was developed on the parkland around Selly Hall, now preserved within Selly Convent. The suburb is located between the Bristol Road and the Pershore Road. On the other side of the Pershore Road, between it and Cannon Hill Park are several streets of superior c19 terraced housing, built by Grants, the principal local builder.
Selly Park Property Market
The majority of sales in Selly Park during the last year were terraced properties, selling for an average price of £212,761. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £268,000, with detached properties fetching £473,569. According to the latest Zoopla report, property values in Selly Park have gone up by 7.15% in the last 12 months. For more info, please contact our estate agents in Selly Park.
Why Selly Park is a great investment
Selly Park has a prestigious and long history. Selly Park has always been known to line its streets with tall houses filled with families. Recently Selly Oak and Selly park have had a big influx of students, going to the nearby University, meaning that rental yields are at an all-time high in this suburb and HMO’s bring endless opportunities.
Schools in this area
- Selly Park Girls School – Selly Park Girls School is a secondary school, aged 11 – 16. It is a non-selective community school for girls administered by Birmingham City Council. The school offers GCSEs and BTECs. This school is Ofsted rated outstanding.
- St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School – St. Edward’s Catholic Primary School is a primary school, aged 4 – 11. This school is Ofsted rated good.
- Raddlebarn Primary School – Raddlebarn Primary School is a primary school and nursery aged 3 -11. This school is Ofsted rated good.
- Bus on lines, 45, 47, 76 going from Longbridge to Solihull.
- Train – The nearest train station is Selly Oak, trains there run from Birmingham New Street to Longbridge.
What to do in Selly Park
- Hotels near Selly Park, Birmingham
Awentsbury Hotel: this relaxed hotel occupying a redbrick Victorian building is 1.4 miles from Cadbury World, 3.1 miles from the Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses, and 3.8 miles from Sarehole Mill.
Cobden Hotel Birmingham: In a residential area, this functional hotel is 2 miles from Birmingham New Street train station, 2.3 miles from the Edgbaston Cricket Ground and 2.9 miles from the Bullring Shopping Centre in the city centre.
Lucas House Hotel: Set within the University of Birmingham Conference Park, this modern hotel is a 0.8-mile walk from University train station and 3.4 miles from Birmingham city centre.
- Restaurants near Selly Park, Birmingham
Royal Watan Kashmiri Restaurant: It all started in 1984 when Royal Watan was setup on the Pershore Road. Since the 1980’s they are one of Birmingham’s most established Balti Restaurant. Being in the industry for over 30 years, they use the freshest and finest ingredients to create authentic and tasty Kashmiri food.
Paprika Grill: The restaurant type, which is actually a middle eastern takeaway, goes beyond any other as it has got so much in for you with quality and taste. To delight your taste and to soothe your senses, they offer a variety of cuisines and dishes. If you’re interested in mutton, chicken or sea skewers, they have got it all in all exquisite dishes and a variety of tastes, as well as various combinations of all these.