How much is my property worth:
· Don’t be sold on the highest price, this can be detrimental to your move. Ask us for a valuation with comparable;
· Try to invite out 2 or 3 estate agents. Don’t take the word of just one unless they’re as good as us;
· A good agent will point out things you could do to maximise the sale price and not just get your property on the market.
· Before you market, gather up any guarantees and warranties;
· Instruct a solicitor, they can get a head start to speed up the process. Select one from our in-house panel of three and sell 14 days quicker on average;
· If you are a leaseholder, confirm all of the leasehold information and request all the relevant information.
· Home staging is where the seller can have the biggest influence on a sale price;
· Make sure the property looks its best when being photographed;
· De-clutter as much as possible, make your home feel spacious;
· Showcase rooms with mirrors for space sidelights for warmth and draw back the curtains;
· Keep the temperature ambient cool in summer and warm in winter.
· First impressions count, set the tone for the viewings by making sure your property looks great from the front;
· Leave the agent to it, viewers will feel more at ease without the presence of the seller;
· Listen to feedback, if there is a constant theme, think of ways to improve your chances of selling.
· Agreeing an offer is only half the battle, don’t just base your decisions on price;
· Think about what offer you would be happy to accept prior to marketing;
· Don’t feel pressure to accept an offer;
· Ensure fixtures fittings and timescales have been agreed.
· We will send a sales memorandum to all parties stating the agreed sale price and details;
· Sales are passed to our in house specialist teams that deals with thousands of transactions every year;
· Survey is carried out/ conveyancing takes place.
Exchange of contracts:
· Once everything is satisfactory and mortgage offer is issued, you are ready to exchange contracts;
· The contract is signed by both parties and the deposit is transferred from buyer to seller;
· The completion date is set by mutual consent.
· The remainder of the balance is transferred. You are the proud owner of a new home. Just a agree a key collection time with us.
We love to talk to you about property. Speak with one of our qualified specialists today on free phone 08008620870.
Last Updated: 2015-05-05T08:26:55+00:00