Working out your budget
· Do you need to sell in order to buy? Get a valuation to work out how much equity you have. Call 0800 862 0871.
· Work out the cost of moving such as solicitors, stamp duty, etc.
· Meet with an independent mortgage adviser for professional guidance.
What kind of property do you require?
· What are your requirements, wants?
· Consider what area works best for you.
· Are you prepared to do any work?
· How long will you live there for?
Instruct a solicitor
· Instruct a solicitor before viewing to put you in the best position.
· Compare local conveyancers.
· Seek advice and recommendations from family and friends.
· Don’t buy on price alone, a good convayencer is worth their weight in gold.
· Think of questions beforehand, are the sellers buying on? Why are they moving?
· Don’t view too many properties at once, they will all blend into one.
· Try and get all the decision makers there the first time to avoid missing out.
· Be open, if it is not the one let us know why.
Making an offer
· Once you have found your next home it’s time to make an offer. We can guide you on this important step.
· Already having solicitors instructed and your mortgage agreed will put you in a more
favourable position when negotiating.
· Be sure that fixtures fittings and timescales are all agreed to prevent surprises.
· Once a price has been agreed the agent will send a memorandum of sale.
Sales agreed, whats next?
· Make an appointment with mortgage adviser to submit paperwork and pay for survey.
· Arrange with conveyancer to carry out searches and raise enquiries.
· Survey takes place.
Exchange of contracts
· The contract is signed by both parties & the deposit is transferred from buyer to seller.
· The completion date is set by mutual consent.
· Once everything is satisfactory and mortgage offer is issued, you are ready to exchange contracts.
· The remainder of the balance is transferred, once it has been received by the sellers solicitor you are the proud owner of a new house.
We love to talk to you about moving, properties or even the weather. Speak with one of our qualified property specialists today.
Last Updated: 2015-03-04T21:25:28+00:00