Working out your budget
· Do you need to sell in order to buy? Get a valuation to work out how much equity you have. Call 0800 862 0871.
· Work out the cost of moving such as solicitors, stamp duty, etc.
· Meet with an independent mortgage adviser for professional guidance.
What kind of property do you require?
· What are your requirements, wants?
· Consider what area works best for you.
· Are you prepared to do any work?
· How long will you live there for?
Instruct a solicitor
· Instruct a solicitor before viewing to put you in the best position.
· Compare local conveyancers.
· Seek advice and recommendations from family and friends.
· Don’t buy on price alone, a good convayencer is worth their weight in gold.
· Think of questions beforehand, are the sellers buying on? Why are they moving?
· Don’t view too many properties at once, they will all blend into one.
· Try and get all the decision makers there the first time to avoid missing out.
· Be open, if it is not the one let us know why.
Making an offer
· Once you have found your next home it’s time to make an offer. We can guide you on this important step.
· Already having solicitors instructed and your mortgage agreed will put you in a more
favourable position when negotiating.
· Be sure that fixtures fittings and timescales are all agreed to prevent surprises.
· Once a price has been agreed the agent will send a memorandum of sale.
Stamp Duty Tax Calculator. Use our tool to get an estimate of how much you’ll need to pay for your new home based on the newly updated rates.
Sales agreed, whats next?
· Make an appointment with mortgage adviser to submit paperwork and pay for survey.
· Arrange with conveyancer to carry out searches and raise enquiries.
· Survey takes place.
Exchange of contracts
· The contract is signed by both parties & the deposit is transferred from buyer to seller.
· The completion date is set by mutual consent.
· Once everything is satisfactory and mortgage offer is issued, you are ready to exchange contracts.
· The remainder of the balance is transferred, once it has been received by the sellers solicitor you are the proud owner of a new house.
We love to talk to you about moving, properties or even the weather. Speak with one of our qualified property specialists today.