With the colder months fast approaching, there are increased risks to your home that are caused by the elements.
By following these simple instructions, you can ensure that your home remains problem free so that you can enjoy all the seasonal festivities!
– Prevent condensation by sufficiently heating and ventilating rooms that are at risk
– Check all taps and overflows for leaking and/or dripping
– Know where your stopcock is in case of emergency!
– Maintain the heating temperature and if you are planning a trip away keep your heating on low (around 15oC) whilst away
– Ice following water leaks can cause mould and mildew growth – report it at first sight!
Some tips if you are planning to leave your property empty over winter
– Leave your heating on for at least an hour a day while you are away from home
– In severe weather, or if severe weather is forecast, you should leave your heating on day and night at your usual temperature setting
– Consider asking a friend or relative to visit your home every day while you are away. This will mean that if you do suffer a burst pipe it will be detected as soon as possible. Make sure that they know where the stop valve for the water supply is located.
Energy saving tips
Some of these energy saving tips may seem obvious but they can make a big difference when it comes to reducing your fuel bill:
– Set your heating to come on just before you get up and switch off after you’ve gone to bed. If it’s very cold, set your heating to come on earlier and turn off later rather than turning the thermostat up.
– If you cannot heat all the rooms you use, heat the living room throughout the day and your bedroom just before you go to bed. Remember to close curtains and shut doors to keep heat in the rooms you use most.
If you have any problems or issues that you do feel you need to report and you live in a property managed by the Love Your Postcode Group, please contact our Property Management Teams on 0121 285 5005 and we will be more than happy to help you.
Buyers are looking for a new home, but are you ready to sell? If you are curious about value of the property please do contact us for a free valuation.