Even property specialists know a few jokes about estate agents. The use of humour can get you far in business, research has shown that one of the best ways to improve your customer relationships is to get them to laugh. So here are some of our favorite estate agent jokes.
Customers are more likely to want to work with a professional estate agent with a good sense of humour. A good joke can deflate stress, ease tension, create more memorable marketing messages, and improve the rapport with the client. It can also help diffuse a difficult client by getting them off balance for a moment while you regroup to address their needs or concerns.
In our company we are professional but we also know estate agents jokes. Might think we don’t have anything funny to say? Just read below for the best jokes with estate agents. The Love Your Postcode group does not disappoint and will make you laugh.
Best jokes about estate agents
1. A young estate agent had just started his own estate agency office. He rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques. Sitting there, he saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear the hot shot, the estate agent picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working. He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, “Can I help you?” The man said, “Yeah, I’ve come to activate your phone lines.”
2. Mr. Smith – an estate agent – goes to see his manager in his office. “Boss,” he says, “we’re doing some heavy house-cleaning at home tomorrow, and my wife needs me to help with the attic and the garage, moving and hauling stuff.” “We’re shorthanded, Smith,” the boss replies. “I can’t give you the day off.” “Thanks, boss,” says Smith. “I knew I could count on you!”
3. Salesman: This computer will cut your workload by 50%. Property Manager: That’s great; I’ll take two of them.
4. Two estate agents decided to start a new career to sell shoes. The two estate agents go to Africa to open up new markets. Three days after arriving, one estate agent said, “I’m returning on the next flight. Can’t sell shoes here. Everybody goes barefoot.” At the same time, the other real estate agent sent an email to the factory, telling “The prospects are unlimited. Nobody wears shoes here!”
5. Seller to Estate Agent: “You’ve done such a great job describing my house in your property listing that I’ve decided to keep it!”
6. A client bought a new home and the estate agent wanted to send flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the home and the owner read the card; it said “Rest in Peace.” The owner was angry and called the florist to complain. After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist said, “Sir, I’m really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry you should imagine this: somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, “Congratulations on your new home.”
7. A young estate agent had just closed his first deal, only to discover that the piece of land he had sold was completely under water. “That customer’s going to come back here pretty mad,” he said to his boss. “Should I give him his money back?” “Money back?” roared the boss. “What kind of salesman are you? Get out there and sell him a houseboat.”
8. Q: How do estate agents greet each other? A: “House it going?”
9. “I have to have a raise in my commission,” the agent said to his manager. “There are three other companies after me.” “Is that so?” asked the manager. “What other companies are after you?” “The electric company, the telephone company, and the gas company.”
10. An estate agent was dismayed when a brand new estate agency office much like his own opened up next door and erected a huge sign which read ‘BEST AGENTS.’ He was horrified when another competitor opened up on his right, and announced its arrival with an even larger sign, reading ‘LOWEST COMMISSIONS.’ The estate agents panicked until he got an idea. He put the biggest sign of all over his own estate agency office. It read: ‘MAIN ENTRANCE’.
If you want to hear a funny joke about estate agents or you need a slightly more serious conversation, Love Your Postcode group is here to help you. With us, you’re guaranteed a trusted partner that knows the property market better than anyone, with an experienced staff that anticipates your every need. Contact our teams today, call us on 0800 862 0870 or book your free valuation.